T- or Y-shaped uterus
It is the condition that the uterine cavity, which is normally triangular in shape, is in the form of a cylindrical tube and there is a bulging towards the uterine cavity on both side and upper walls. Since the uterine tissue is unable to thicken enough, this condition especially leads to implantation failures (attachment of the embryo to the uterus).
It may lead to complications as given below:
- Recurrent failures of implantation
- Abortion in the early period of pregnancy
- Recurrent pregnancy losses
- Fetal developmental delay
- Positional anomalies in the fetus
- Premature birth
- The upper and lateral walls of the uterus are expanded hysteroscopically.
- Intrauterine device application for 1 month
- Balloon application
- Hormonal treatment